|Posted by apostolicleona on January 30, 2014 at 6:00 PM||comments (0)|
Good, healthy, goldy friendships are very important to have. The Bible speaks quite a bit about friendships, how to be in a friendship, the rewards of good friends ships and the curses of bad ones. Having good Christian friendships is something we all need. Many times throughout our lives we need the strength, comfort and Godly councel of a good Christian friend. Then other times you become that source of strength, comfort and Godly councel for them. If you don't have good Christian friends, PRAY for some! God will answer your prayer and bring good people into your life. If you already have good Christian friends, PRAY for them! We all need prayer and along side with God, we are each others support! God Bless and enjoy the scriptures below!
*I went through a trial in my life and during this trial everyone turned their back on me. People in my family, my friends and even Church family. I remember weeping and telling God how lonely I was for a friend, "just one friend to talk to Lord! that's all i need!" Then God reminded me of this:
Proverbs 18:24 A man of many companions may come to ruin, but there is a friend who sticks closer than a brother. (*how great is this!? God himself tells us that he's our friend, and better than that!!! He's a friend who will be closer to us than a brother! He is always there for us! ALWAYS!!! What a comfort it is to know that we are never truly alone)
John 15:13 Greater love has no one than this, that someone lay down his life for his friends. (*Jesus said this to the deciples before he was crusified. This tell us that Jesus loves us greatly! Witht he GREATEST love! This is something we need to inject into our own lives, to be more like Jesus and have this great love for our friends! This is something we see often in our militaries, soldiers become brothers and love each other with the greatest love, a love that makes them willing to lay down their life for their friends, their brothers, their country! How beautiful to have that kind of love, loyalty and dedication!)
John 15:14-15 You are my friends if you do what I command you. No longer do I call you servants, for the servant does not know what his master is doing; but I have called you friends, for all that I have heard from my Father I have made known to you. (*If we obey God's commandments we are his friends, I can't think of any better commandments to follow or a better friend to have.)
James 2:23 And the Scripture was fulfilled that says, "Abraham believed God, and it was counted to him as righteousness"—and he was called a friend of God. (*God's word is true and absolute so if it says that He is no respector of persons, meaning that he doesn't favor one of us more than another, if Abraham can become known as "Friend of God" then so can we! If we believe God and live righteously then then we too can be known as "Friend of God".)
*These Scriptures below represent how we need to conduct ourselfs in order to be a good Christian friend and they also tell us the benefits of good friends! The people closest to us can hurt us the most, let these scriptures help you find peace and mend your broken hearts. Gods word is powerful, read it, love it, absorb it into every fiber of your being. Surround yourself with people of like faith and love one another and FORGIVE!
Proverbs 13:20 Whoever walks with the wise becomes wise, but the companion of fools will suffer harm. (*My grandpa used to say "if ur gonna roll with the pigs ur gonna smell like the pigs.", so make sure you choose your friends wisely. Choose friends that will build you up and be good influences.)
Proverbs 27:17 Iron sharpens iron, and one man sharpens another. (*this scripture is plain and simple, friends are a necessity)
Proverbs 17:17 A friend loves at all times, and a brother is born for adversity. (*despite arguments, disagreements or any disputes at all, remain LOVING to your friend, don't hate! hate is from the devil and not an attribute of God. I know sometimes it can be tough, but to be able to call yourself a Godly Christian friend you have to obey the scriptures, Loving is good for our own souls as much as it is for others.)
1 Samuel 18:1 As soon as he had finished speaking to Saul, the soul of Jonathan was knit to the soul of David, and Jonathan loved him as his own soul. (*an example of loving a friend as yourself, how beautiful.)
1 Samuel 18:3 Then Jonathan made a covenant with David, because he loved him as his own soul. (*BFF's! I wanna be this kind of friend.)
Ecclesiastes 4:9-10 Two are better than one, because they have a good reward for their toil. For if they fall, one will lift up his fellow. But woe to him who is alone when he falls and has not another to lift him up! (*when you're up you can also help your friends up, encourage them, guide them, and when you're down a good christian friend can do the same for you. If you don't have godly friends in your life it can make things a little more difficult than they have to be.)
Ecclesiastes 4:12 And though a man might prevail against one who is alone, two will withstand him—a threefold cord is not quickly broken. (*there is strength in numbers!)
Psalm 1:1 Blessed is the man who walks not in the counsel of the wicked, nor stands in the way of sinners, nor sits in the seat of scoffers; (*choose good friends and be blessed!)
Psalm 55:12-14 For it is not an enemy who taunts me— then I could bear it; it is not an adversary who deals insolently with me— then I could hide from him. But it is you, a man, my equal, my companion, my familiar friend. We used to take sweet counsel together; within God's house we walked in the throng. (*almost nothing hurts worse than a friend coming against you, don't hold grudges and don't do evil or speak evil of your brothers/sisters in Christ or your natural ones either, have the heart of Christ which forgives and loves always.)
Psalm 133:1 A Song of Ascents. Of David. Behold, how good and pleasant it is when brothers dwell in unity! (*isn't it great when everyone gets along? God can work in the midst of unity but he cannot work in the midst of turmoil.)
1 Timothy 5:8 But if anyone does not provide for his relatives, and especially for members of his household, he has denied the faith and is worse than an unbeliever. (*if you see a need, MEET IT! does someone need milk or a warm coat? according to the Word of God if you don't provide the need you are worse than an unbeliever! Be generous, ask God for a spirit of giving to be applied to your heart.)
1 Timothy 2:8 I desire then that in every place the men should pray, lifting holy hands without anger or quarreling; (*God doesn't like discord, we aren't supposed to be angry and argue ... we are supposed to pray & worship together.)
Colossians 3:12-14 Put on then, as God's chosen ones, holy and beloved, compassionate hearts, kindness, humility, meekness, and patience, bearing with one another and, if one has a complaint against another, forgiving each other; as the Lord has forgiven you, so you also must forgive. And above all these put on love, which binds everything together in perfect harmony. (*This is a scripture we should pray out loud for ourselves, that we can be the kind of person/friend/brother/sister/parent that this scripture describes.)
Romans 12:15 Rejoice with those who rejoice, weep with those who weep. (*when a brother's in sorrow we should all feel his need and when he passes thru the valley we should all feel relief. Pray for a sensitive heart.)
Romans 12:1-2 I appeal to you therefore, brothers, by the mercies of God, to present your bodies as a living sacrifice, holy and acceptable to God, which is your spiritual worship. Do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewal of your mind, that by testing you may discern what is the will of God, what is good and acceptable and perfect. (*be holy and accepable to God, be lovers of him, read his word, pray his word, worship him so we can be good, acceptable and perfect in his eyes!)
1 Peter 1:22 Having purified your souls by your obedience to the truth for a sincere brotherly love, love one another earnestly from a pure heart, (*obedience is better than sacrifice! Love with a pure heart! if you have a hard time loving .. which many do because of past hurts and betrayals ... pray for God to give you a pure and loving heart that is sensitive to him and those around you.)
Hebrews 13:1 Let brotherly love continue. (*Loving one another is a GOOD thing! this scripture is short, sweet and to the point!)
Matthew 18:15-20 If your brother sins against you, go and tell him his fault, between you and him alone. If he listens to you, you have gained your brother. But if he does not listen, take one or two others along with you, that every charge may be established by the evidence of two or three witnesses. If he refuses to listen to them, tell it to the church. And if he refuses to listen even to the church, let him be to you as a Gentile and a tax collector. Truly, I say to you, whatever you bind on earth shall be bound in heaven, and whatever you loose on earth shall be loosed in heaven. Again I say to you, if two of you agree on earth about anything they ask, it will be done for them by my Father in heaven. (*sad but true .. it happens ... people make mistakes, we are human .. whether its on purpose or by an ignorant mistake, if your brother/sister/friend has sinned against you, confront them WITH LOVE not with anger. Many times people don't even know what they said or did hurt you and any issues can be resolved right then and there if you have the right temperement when presenting. If that doesn't work then it's time for a loving intervention.)
Matthew 18:35 So also my heavenly Father will do to every one of you, if you do not forgive your brother from your heart." (*forgiving others is VITAL!! if you can't forgive people its a sin. Anything that isn't according to God and his charachter is a sin. God forgives, therefore we must also be forgiving. How many times have we sinned, whether it be in secret or in the open, against God and how many times has he forgiven us? More times than we can count that's for sure! if you are having a hard time forgiving its simple, just pray and ask God to help you remove any resentment, hurt or hate that is in your heart towards that person and He will do it.)
Matthew 25:40 And the King will answer them, ‘Truly, I say to you, as you did it to one of the least of these my brothers, you did it to me.’ (*whether it's that bum on the street begging, your lousy waitress or someone you know personally ... treat them with kindness always! Love always! God says what we do to them we do to him. We know what storm others are going thru and what causes their "attitudes" or puts them in the lowly position they are in. only God knows and only He can judge.)
1 John 3:15 Everyone who hates his brother is a murderer, and you know that no murderer has eternal life abiding in him. (*yep! hate is as bad as murder to God! you can't make it into the kingdom of God if you hate ANYONE. ask God to remove known hates and even unknown hates that may be buried deep down inside.)
1John 4:20 If anyone says, "I love God," and hates his brother, he is a liar; for he who does not love his brother whom he has seen cannot love God whom he has not seen. (*scary but true! Hatred is a deep rooted seed and needs to be completely removed from our hearts and even our vocabulary! The only things we should hate are the things that God hates and the Bible plainly tells us what those things are.)
John 13:34-35 A new commandment I give to you, that you love one another: just as I have loved you, you also are to love one another. By this all people will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another." (*what a straightforward scripture. Love others as Jesus loves us. Jesus loves us with "Greater love has no one than this, that someone lay down his life for his friends." . a love that's so great that is shines and radiates thru us letting others know just by looking at us that we are His disciples. It's the Love of Christ and we all need to have it!)
|Posted by apostolicleona on January 6, 2013 at 11:55 PM||comments (0)|
Praying for our children is a MUST .. Kids today face challenges and temptations that we were never exposed to .. God is comming back SOON and we not only need to prepare ourselves, but we also need to pray that our children are prepared also. We need our children protected by the hand of God because there is so much evil in this world today and ONLY He can protect them like they need to be. Salvation for them is first and most important, but we also need to pray about their honesty and integrity, their love for Gods word and so on. Hide the word of God in your heart and also teach your children to do the same, be the example they need Mom & Dad. Your children are a precious gift from God and they need nurturing, guidance and prayer.
1. Salvation—"Lord, let salvation spring up within my children, that they may obtain the salvation that is in Christ Jesus, with eternal glory." (Isa. 45:8; 2 Tim. 2:10)
2. Growth in Grace—"I pray that my children may grow in the grace and knowledge of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ." (2 Pet. 3:18)
3. Love—"Grant, Lord, that my children may learn to live a life of love, through the Spirit who dwells in them." (Gal. 5:25; Eph. 5:2)
4. Honesty and Integrity—"May integrity and honesty be their virtue
and their protection." (Ps. 25:21)
5. Self-Control—"Father, help my children not to be like many others around them, but let them be alert and self-controlled in all they do."
(1 Thess. 5:6)
6. Love for God's Word—"May my children grow to find Your Word more precious than much pure gold and sweeter than honey from the comb." (Ps. 19:10)
7. Justice—"God, help my children to love justice as You do and act justly in all they do." (Ps. 11:7; Mic. 6:8)
8. Mercy—"May my children always be merciful, just as their Father is merciful." (Luke 6:36)
9. Respect (for self, others, and authority)—"Father, grant that my children may show proper respect to everyone, as Your Word commands." (1 Pet. 2:17)
10. Biblical Self-Esteem—"Help my children develop a strong self-esteem that is rooted in the realization that they are God's workmanship, created in Christ Jesus." (Eph. 2:10)
11. Faithfulness—"Let love and faithfulness never leave my children, but bind these twin virtues around their necks and write them on the tablet of their hearts." (Prov. 3:3)
12. Courage—"May my children always be strong and courageous in their character and in their actions." (Deut. 31:6)
13. Purity—"Create in them a pure heart, O God, and let that purity of heart be shown in their actions." (Ps. 51:10)
14. Kindness—"Lord, may my children always try to be kind to each other and to everyone else." (1 Thes. 5:15)
15. Generosity—"Grant that my children may be generous and willing to share, and so lay up treasure for themselves as a firm foundation for the coming age." (1 Tim. 6:18-19)
16. Peace-Loving—"Father, let my children make every effort to do what leads to peace." (Rom. 14:19)
17. Joy—"May my children be filled with the joy given by the Holy Spirit." (1 Thes. 1:6)
18. Perseverance—"Lord, teach my children perseverance in all they do, and help them especially to run with perseverance the race marked out for them." (Heb. 12:1)
19. Humility—"God, please cultivate in my children the ability to show true humility toward all." (Titus 3:2)
20. Compassion—"Lord, please clothe my children with the virtue of compassion." (Col. 3:12)
21. Responsibility—"Grant that my children may learn responsibility, for each one should carry his own load." (Gal. 6:5)
22. Contentment—"Father, teach my children the secret of being content in any and every situation, through Him who gives them strength." (Phil. 4:12-13)
23. Faith—"I pray that faith will find root and grow in my children's hearts, that by faith they may gain what has been promised to them." (Luke 17:5-6; Heb. 11:1-40)
24. A Servant's Heart—"God, please help my children develop servant's hearts, that they may serve wholeheartedly, as if they were serving the Lord, not men." (Eph. 6:7)
25. Hope—"May the God of hope grant that my children may overflow with hope and hopefulness by the power of the Holy Spirit." (Rom. 15:13)
26. Willingness and Ability to Work—"Teach my children, Lord, to value work and to work at it with all their heart, as working for the Lord and not for men." (Col. 3:23)
27. Passion for God—"Lord, please instill in my children a soul that 'followeth hard after thee,' one that clings passionately to You." (Ps. 63:8)
28. Self-Discipline—"Father, I pray that my children may acquire a disciplined and prudent life, doing what is right and just and fair." (Prov. 1:3)
29. Prayerfulness—"Grant, Lord, that my children's lives may be marked by prayerfulness, that they may learn to pray in the Spirit on all occasions with all kinds of prayers." (1 Thess. 5:17)
30. Gratitude—"Help my children to live lives that are always overflowing with thankfulness and always giving thanks to God the Father for everything, in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ." (Eph. 5:20; Col. 2:7)
31. A Heart for Missions—"Lord, please help my children to develop a desire to see Your glory declared among the nations, Your marvelous deeds among the peoples." (Ps. 96:3)
|Posted by apostolicleona on October 23, 2012 at 6:20 PM||comments (0)|
In this day and age, staying married is not only hard but it's also a rarity. Divorce rates are at an all time high. I say marriage is hard because the society we live in tell us "if it doesn't work out .. just move on". But this contradicts God's word, God hates divorce. The bible clearly states that in Malachi 2:16 "For I hate divorce!" says the LORD, the God of Israel. "To divorce your wife is to overwhelm her with cruelty," says the LORD of Heaven's Armies. "So guard your heart; do not be unfaithful to your wife." ..... If we hide the Word of God in our hearts and obey his commandments, living with our spouses can not only be easy but it will also give us a lifetime of rewards in God, love and peace... so I again to you, hide the Word of God in your hearts, model yourself after the way the Word of God says we should be and pray these scriptures over your marriage.
Genesis 2:21-25 So the LORD God caused a deep sleep to fall upon the man, and while he slept took one of his ribs and closed up its place with flesh. And the rib that the LORD God had taken from the man he made into a woman and brought her to the man. Then the man said, “This at last is bone of my bones and flesh of my flesh; she shall be called Woman, because she was taken out of Man.” Therefore a man shall leave his father and his mother and hold fast to his wife, and they shall become one flesh. And the man and his wife were both naked and were not ashamed.
Hebrews 13:4 Let marriage be held in honor among all, and let the marriage bed be undefiled, for God will judge the sexually immoral and adulterous.
Ephesians 5:23,24,32 For the husband is the head of the wife even as Christ is the head of the church, his body, and is himself its Savior. Now as the church submits to Christ, so also wives should submit in everything to their husbands. This mystery is profound, and I am saying that it refers to Christ and the church.
Proverbs 12:4 A wife of noble character is her husband's crown, but a disgraceful wife is like decay in his bones.
Proverbs 18:22 He who finds a wife finds what is good and receives favor from the LORD.
Matthew 19:4-6 "Haven't you read," he replied, "that at the beginning the Creator 'made them male and female,' and said, 'For this reason a man will leave his father and mother and be united to his wife, and the two will become one flesh' ? So they are no longer two, but one. Therefore what God has joined together, let man not separate."
Colossians 3:18-19 Wives, submit to your husbands, as is fitting in the Lord. Husbands, love your wives and do not be harsh with them.
Hebrews 13:4-7 Marriage should be honored by all, and the marriage bed kept pure, for God will judge the adulterer and all the sexually immoral. Keep your lives free from the love of money and be content with what you have, because God has said, "Never will I leave you; never will I forsake you." So we say with confidence, "The Lord is my helper; I will not be afraid. What can man do to me?" Remember your leaders, who spoke the word of God to you. Consider the outcome of their way of life and imitate their faith.